In this article, we are discussing several ways to get rid of a cold fast. Cold is a very common problem which is highly infectious and really difficult to treat with medicines. In fact, there is no specific cure for a cold. However, one can get ease by taking some preventive measures. You may also experience mild fever, dry cough, headache, itchy eyes, reduced sense of taste and smell, sore throat, blocked or a runny nose, and frequent sneezing. Some of the causes of the cold changes due to weather, allergy, poor immunity, viral infection, etc. Follow this article, to know some best home remedies to get rid of cold fast. You can also read this related article How to get rid of a sore throat fast? on our website.
Symptoms of Cold:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Feeling tired
- Nasal congestion
- Itching of the throat
- Watery eyes
- Mild cough
Top Remedies to Get Rid of a Cold Fast
1.) Garlic to Get Rid of a Cold Fast
Garlic consists of antiviral and antibacterial properties that can be helpful in getting rid of cold fast. Garlic is also good for your immune system and helps open up nasal congestion, and also helps remove toxins from your body. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take some crushed garlic and mix it with ½ of lemon juice and cayenne pepper, 1 tsp of honey.
- Mix all the ingredients well together.
- Eat this mixture daily until you see some improvements.
- You can also use garlic in your food and drinks.
2.) Ginger to Get Rid of a Cold Fast
Ginger is also a beneficial home remedy for treating the common cold. It consists of antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the symptoms of a cold. To try this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- You can eat raw ginger or can also prepare a ginger tea.
- Boil some ginger in water and strain the solution.
- Add a few drops of honey for added benefits.
- Drink this tea several times a day to get rid of a cold fast.
3.) Spice Tea to Get Rid of a Cold Fast
Spice tea is a very helpful remedy to get rid of common cold. To use this remedy, try the following steps given below:
- Dry roast some coriander seeds.
- Mix 1 tsp of fennel seeds, cumin seeds and ¼ of fenugreek seeds.
- Now, take some hot water in a cup.
- Add one tsp of this mixture to the water.
- Let it steep for 10 mins.
- Now strain the water and add some amount of honey to it.
- Sip it slowly while it is hot.
- Drink this spice tea daily to treat the common cold.
4.) Honey to Get Rid of a Cold Fast
Honey is another beneficial home remedy to get rid of cold fast. It also helps soothe an irritated throat as well as reduce the symptoms of a cold. Lemon consists of a high amount of enzymes and nutrients that help kill viruses and bacteria that cause colds. To use this remedy, try the steps given below:
- You just need to take a teaspoon full of honey.
- You can add some lemon to it for additional benefits.
- Eat this mix 2-3 times a day to get relief faster.
- If you prefer, you can also simply swallow a spoonful of raw honey.
5.) Mullein Tea to Get Rid of a Cold Fast
To treat a cold, you must be drinking several types of fluids, but nothing is better than Mullein tea. Mullein acts as a natural expectorant that helps relieve chest congestion that is often associated with a cold. To try this method, try the steps given below:
- Take some dried mullein herb and boil it in water for 10 mins.
- Add a tsp of honey to it.
- Drink its tea two or three times a day.
- You can also drink green tea to treat symptoms of a cold.
6.) Red Onion to Get Rid of a Cold Fast
Reds onion is a great remedy for those who are suffering from a cold can get ease from homemade red onion syrup. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- To prepare the syrup, you will need red onions and brown sugar or honey.
- Cut two to three slices horizontally.
- Put one slice of onion and add raw honey in the bowl.
- Repeat this process until the bowl is full.
- Now, cover the bowl and keep it 12 to 15 hours.
- After several hours, you will find a thick syrup.
- Take one tsp of this syrup 2-3 times a day to treat sore throats and other symptoms of a cold.
7.) Chicken Soup to Get Rid of a Cold Fast
Chicken soup also consists of essential vitamins and nutrients that help get rid of a cold fast. The antioxidant properties of chicken soup fasten the healing process.
In addition, it will increase immunity and strength in your body. For best results, try to make homemade chicken soup using chicken and organic vegetables. You can also add a tsp of honey for additional benefits.
8.) Cinnamon to Get Rid of a Cold Fast
Cinnamon is another beneficial home remedy to get rid of a cold naturally. Cinnamon can help fight a common cold and help relieve the pain of a dry or a sore throat. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Bring some water to boil and put 1 tsp of cinnamon powder and two cloves and boil it for 10-15 mins.
- Now, strain the water and drink it when it is still warm.
9.) Milk to Get Rid of a Cold Fast
Milk, when mixed with ginger and turmeric powder, helps get rid of a cough as well as other symptoms of a cold, like a headache and body aches. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Boil a glass of milk.
- Add 1 ½ tsp of turmeric powder and ginger powder.
- Let the milk cool down to room temperature.
- Try to drink it mixture 2-3 times a day before going to sleep.
10.) Pepper to Get Rid of a Cold Fast
Pepper is another available natural home remedy to get rid of a cold fast. Pepper consists of capsaicin that helps remove the mucus and provide relief from nasal and chest congestion. To try this method, include pepper in your diet.
- Put some pepper in a glass of warm water and gargle it 2-3 times a day.
- If you cannot eat or drink pepper, smell pepper throughout the day.
- Repeat this remedy several times a day to get rid of a cold fast.