Acne is one of the common skin problems that everyone experience at least once in their life. The key areas of acne occurrence are forehead, chin, chest and at the back. This skin problem can affect both males and females. However, it is more common in women. Moreover, people who have oily skin are more prone to this skin problem. The prime cause of acne occurrence is hormonal changes and the sebum (natural oil) and dirt trapped in the skin pores. The best way to treat acne is to go natural and follow homemade remedies since they do not have side effects like cosmetics. Read more, to know best homemade acne treatment.
Best Homemade Acne Treatment:
1.) Lemon Juice for Acne treatment
It is one of the best homemade acne treatment. Lemon juice has the acidic property that helps to treat acne. It will wipe out dirt, an excess of oil that accumulates in the pores and leads to pimples and acne. Moreover, it is also known as natural bleach so after treating the acne, it will lighten the scars of acne if there is any. However, if you find it strong then add an equal amount of water to it before applying to your skin.
Ways to Use Lemon:
- Mix an equal amount of lemon juice and rose water. Apply this on the affected part of the skin with the help of the cotton swab of q-tip. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- If you do not have sensitive skin then directly rub a slice of the lemon on and around the acne. Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse it off.
- P.S- Avoid going outdoor when you have applied lemon.
2.) Baking Soda for Acne Treatment
Baking soda is considered as a natural exfoliant. It also has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. All these properties helps to treat the acne. However, do not apply it for a long time since it can make your skin dry.
Ways to Use Baking Soda:
- Combine 2 teaspoons of baking soda and water to get a thick paste. Apply this paste on the affected skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Alternatively, combine 2 tablespoons of baking soda, a teaspoon of cinnamon powder, a few drops of honey and a juice of half lemon. Mix these ingredients thoroughly. Apply this paste on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave it on until it completely dries. Then rinse it off with water.
- Do not use baking soda more than 3 times in a week.
3.) Tea Tree Oil for Acne Treatment
Another remedy that is ideal for acne is tea tree oil. It unclog the pores and also has antiseptic properties that help to treat the acne infection.
Ways to Use Tea Tree Oil:
- Clean the affected area and then apply tea try oil on it with the help of cotton ball.
- If you find the oil too strong then you can dilute it by adding a few drops of water to it before applying it.
- For spare results, you can add Aloe-Vera gel into the tea tree oil.
4.) Toothpaste for Acne Treatment
You can also use white toothpaste to get rid of the acne. It dries acne and makes it dead. Make sure that you do not use transparent toothpaste since they are not good for the skin. This is one of the easiest homemade acne treatments.
Ways to Use Toothpaste:
- Before going to the bed apply pea size white toothpaste on the affected area of the skin. Rinse it the following morning.
- It also cooling property that helps to treat the inflammation.
5.) Fuller’s Earth for Acne Treatment
If you have oily skin then the fuller earth is one of the best homemade acne treatments. It absorbs the oil, unclogs the pores and does not over dry the skin. You can use to treat blemishes, scars, whiteheads and blackheads as well.
Ways to Use Fuller’s Earth:
- Combine an equal amount of sandalwood powder, fuller’s earth and rose water. Mix these ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply this homemade paste on the affected skin. Let it dry and then rinse it off with water.
- Do this once a week for better results.
6.) Oatmeal for Acne Treatment
Oatmeal is also a natural exfoliate. It scrubs the skin and removes the excess oil and dirt accumulated in the pores. It is one of the common ingredients found in most of the kitchen.
Ways to Use Oatmeal:
- Cook a cup of oatmeal (raw oatmeal can be abrasive). Add the juice of a half lemon and 1 teaspoon of honey to it.
- Scrub this mixture on the affected part of the skin.
- Leave it on for a few minutes. Then rinse it off with cold water to close the open pores.
- Repeat this 2 times a week to see the effective results.
7.) Aloe-Vera Gel for Acne Treatment
Aloe-Vera gel has anti- inflammatory and soothing properties. It not only helps to get rid of the acne, in fact, it treats the in fact from its cause. It also beneficial for treating blemishes, whiteheads, acne scar and blackheads as well.
Ways to Use Aloe-Vera Gel:
- Apply fresh Aloe-Vera gel on the affected skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Apply it 2 times a day and you will see the visible difference in a week.
8.) Indian Lilac for Acne Treatment
Indian Lilac not only helps to treat the acne, in fact, it is one remedy for all skin problems, like blemishes, pimples, scars, blackheads, whiteheads and etc. It has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that inhibit the growth of bacteria causing acne.
Ways to Use Indian Lilac:
- Boil a cup of water and add a handful of Indian Lilac leaves into it. When the water turns into green color switch off the gas and strain the water. Cool this water at room temperature and use it wash the effected skin.
- Alternatively, take a handful of dry lilac leaves, crush them to get thick powder, add a pinch of turmeric, sandalwood and turmeric to it. Add some rose water or normal water to it to make a fine paste. Apply this paste to the affected skin. Leave it on for few minutes and then rinse it off with plain water.
9.) Orange Peel for Acne Treatment
Orange peel has same characteristics that lemon has. It is a good source of Vitamin C and has acidic properties. It’s your choice whether you want to use it peel or an n orange juice to prevent the reoccurrence of the acne and pimple.
Ways to Use Orange:
- Leave an orange peel in the sun and let it dry.
- Grind the dried part to get a thick powder. Mix water into it and apply this on the affected skin.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off.
10.) Fenugreek for Acne Treatment
Last in the list of the home remedies for acne is fenugreek. This herb has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants in it.
Ways to Use Fenugreek:
- Mix handful of fenugreek leaves with water to get a smooth paste. Spread this paste on the affected skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it.
- Else, grind some seeds of the fenugreek; add water to it to get a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the affected skin and rinse it off after a few minutes.
Other Useful Tips to Prevent Acne:
- Exercise regularly to prevent breakouts and acne.
- Eat healthy food and avoid spicy and junk foods that lead to acne.
- Drink 8-12 glasses of water regularly.
- Remove your makeup before going to the bed.
- Rinse your face before applying cleanser, moisturizer or anything on the face.