How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Lice?
In this article, we are discussing how to use tea tree oil for lice and remedies to treat them. Head lice are those small pests that reach easily from one head to another head, particularly in children, and can make your scalp very scratchy and itchy all over. To stop spreading head lice, it is vital to identify it as soon as possible and start the treatment right away to make sure you can get rid of all the lice and nits living in your hair. Even though, there are several products and lotions in the market. But natural treatment is much more effective and less chemical and prevent dryness of your scalp.
Tea tree oil is well known for its multiple useful properties. Since ages, people simply prepare tea from the tea tree leaves and branches, but later they started observing amazing healing properties of this plant. Later it appeared as cold-pressed tea tree oil that helps treat fungus, kills viruses and bacteria and has an antiseptic property. Nowadays, this oil is broadly used in pharmaceutics and cosmetics. You can get this oil at every drugstore. There are many helpful reviews about the beneficial properties of tea tree oil, that includes natural repellent and anti-lice features. In this article, we have listed best ways and remedies to use tea tree oil for lice. You may like these related articles also How to get long hair fast? and Home remedies for oily hair treatment at home at our website.
Why are Lice Bad?
Lice are bad because they suck your blood and make you scratch your head again and again. That doesn’t let you concentrate on your work. You feel humiliated in public and always have the fear of being seen with a head full of lice. They just move from one head to another. But once they are on your or your head, they become an awkward moment for you. Thus, lice are bad because they are a social threat. But there are other factors also that makes lice bad that includes:
- Lice cause extreme itching.
- Sometimes cause allergic reactions too.
- Awkward and uncomfortable situation in public places.
Ways to Use Tea Tree Oil for Lice:
You can use tea tree oil in several ways for head lice treatment. Tea tree oil is known for its strength and antiseptic properties. It is a powerful remedy to get rid of lice fast at home. If your skin is sensitive, dilute the oil by adding few drops of water to it and use it on hair and scalp. you can use any oil with a carrier oil such as coconut oil, olive oil etc.
1.) Apply Tea Tree Oil for Lice on Scalp and Hair
This is a straight and simple method.
- Tea tree oil
- Take 4-5 drops of tea tree oil and with 2 tbsp of water in a bowl.
- Apply the solution directly on your scalp and hair, gently massage your scalp and hair with your fingers.
- Leave this solution overnight.
- Wear a shower cap while you sleep.
- Now, next morning comb your hair to remove the lice.
- Use some warm water and a mild shampoo to wash your hair.
- Repeat this method 1-2 times a week for one month to get best results.
2.) Head Oil Massage with Tea Tree Oil for Lice
If you frequently apply oil to your hair before a hair wash, then add 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to your regular hair oil. Sesame oil is highly suggested to be used as a carrier oil. You can also add the same amount of coconut oil and sesame oil for oil massage.
- Sesame oil or coconut oil (as per your hair length)
- Black peppercorns 3-4
- Tea tree oil 6-8 drops
- Take the same amount of coconut and sesame oil and warm it.
- Add 3 to 4 black peppercorns.
- Add 8-10 drops of tea tree oil to this warm mixture.
- Mix it well and gently massages the scalp with this oil mixture.
- Now, wrap your head with a towel or a shower cap.
- Leave it for 1 hour.
- After one hour, comb your hair with thin bristle comb.
- Wash you’re with warm water and a mild shampoo.
- This simple remedy is helpful in treating mild head lice.
- Do this process for at least 2 times a week for best results.
3.) Use Tea Tree Oil for Head Lice as a Natural Repellent
Tea tree oil mixes well with lavender essential oil. It works acts as a natural repellent for head lice.
- Tea tree oil 2-3 tsp
- Lavender oil 2 tsp
- Water ½ cup
- Take 2-3 tsp of tea tree oil with 1 tsp of lavender essential oil.
- Dilute the solution by adding ½ cup of water.
- Mix it well.
- Now, apply this mixture directly on your scalp and hair by gently massaging your scalp using your fingers.
- You can also use this solution on your wet hair.
- Now, cover your hair with a towel or use a shower cap and leave it for 30-45 mins.
- This is one of the easiest and convenient method, whenever you wash your hair.
4.) Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil for Lice Treatment
This is a great combination to treat lice fast at home. Olive oil helps choke lice and kills them, same as coconut oil. If you don’t use olive oil for your hair, consider it using at least once a week. Adding olive oil to tea tree oil makes an efficient solution for the treatment of head lice.
- Olive oil 2-4 tsp
- Tea tree oil 5-6 drops
- Add 5-6 drops of tea tree oil to 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Mix it well and apply it on your scalp and hair.
- Let it stay on the scalp for 30-45 minutes.
- Comb your hair to remove dead lice.
- Wash your hair with warm water and a mild shampoo.
- Olive oil is for all types of hair. It is a neutral oil and applying it on your hair with tea tree oil won’t cause flu or cold.
5.) Tea Tree Oil Shampoo for Head Lice
Even though, there are several shampoos available in the market with tea tree oil as one of the main ingredients. But it is more effective if you add some drops of tea tree oil to your favorite shampoo. So in order to get rid of lice naturally, add 5-6 drops of tea tree oil to the shampoo whenever you wash your hair.
You can also mix tea tree oil to your daily shampoo. Empty tea tree oil container (about 5 ml or 10 ml) into your shampoo bottle and mix it well. Use this shampoo after every 3 days to wash your hair. It also helps provide you strong and shiny hair.(1) NEW SEX REQUEST We Have been Notified That There is (1) Female Near Your Location that is looking for quick sex only If you are available immediately PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REVEAL HER CONTACT INFORMATION AT NO COST TO YOU This is a free message provided courtesy of this site