Fleas are very disgusting and creepy insects that may cause a lot of problem in your life. They usually survive in warm-blooded species, so whether it is your pet or you. They are not going to leave you at any cost. They can be the biggest nightmare of anyone. So, if you are surrounded by them, then remember that you can be their next host. This article is going to guide you in various different ways to get rid of fleas in house.
Ways to Get Rid of Fleas in House:
1.) Trap Fleas with Dish Washing Liquid:
It is a very easy method to get rid of fleas in the house naturally. To prepare this trap you need the following ingredients:
- Dish washing liquid
- Tea candles
- Dinner plates or bowls
- Warm water
Recipe to Prepare this Trap:
- Just place a plate or a bowl in every room at night. Try to focus preferably in the middle area of the room and simply place it on the floor.
- Now fill these containers with warm water. If you are using a bowl then simply fill it partly while if you are using a plate, then you must fill it to the brim.
- After this, simply add dish-washing liquid to the water.
- Now, take one tea candle and place it in the center of each plate. If you are using a bowl, then you may not be able to place this candle inside it. In such case, you can place the candle near to the bowl.
- At last, just light the candles. As soon as you light it, you will find that the fleas will get attracted towards the flame of the candle. When they will try to jump towards the light, they will simply get trapped in the high viscosity of the liquid having soap. This is the easiest way of trapping the fleas. Just use this simple method to kill fleas in the house.
2.) Salt to Get Rid of Fleas in House:
It is the most common an ingredient that can be used to get rid of fleas in house.
Ingredients You Need to Prepare this Trap:
- You may use any sea salt or table salt (you will need it in a large amount, the quantity depends on the area and size where you are going to sprinkle it)
- You also need large spice bottle with shaker top
- Take the fine salt powder, if the salt is not finely grounded then you may grind it.
- Now, fill up the spice bottle with this salt completely without leaving a little room on the top. It is important so that you can shake the bottle and sprinkle the salt over it.
- Once you are done with this then simply sprinkle the salt over the carpets of each room. Also, keep in mind that the salt should cover the area evenly.
- Leave it for 12-48 hours.
- After 2 days, just vacuum thoroughly.
3.) Herbal Flea Spray:
You may prepare this herbal flea spray easily at home. It is made up with amazing ingredients that may help a lot in getting rid of fleas in the home.
To prepare this herbal flea spray, you need the following ingredients:
- Vinegar- 1 gallon (it should be lesser than 4 liters)
- Lemon juice- 16 oz. (it must be lesser than 500 ml)
- Fresh vacuum bag- 1
- Water- ½ gallon (it should be lesser than 2 liters)
- Witch hazel- 8 oz. (a little less than 250 ml)
- Home and Garden Sprayer- 1 (this sprayer must hold 6-7 liters at a time)
How to Prepare this Spray?
Here are few simple ways that you may follow to prepare this flea spray.
- First, you need to do vacuuming before using this spray.
- Also, you need to collect all kind of things that cannot be vacuumed. Moreover, you need to wash it at the hottest setting of the washer. This is a great way to kill larvae as well as eggs of fleas.
- Now, take a bowl and mix water, lemon juice, vinegar, and witch hazel together.
- After this, simply fill this mixture in a garden sprayer.
- Spray this mixture directly on the carpets, window sills, pet bedding, furniture, floors, every nook and each and every corner of your house.
- Keep on repeating this process for 2-7 days. If the flea infestation is bad in your home then you may continue to do this for few more days.
4.) Boric Acid for Flea Control:
It is a great remedy that may do wonders to get rid of fleas in house. It can eliminate fleas from your home naturally.
To prepare this remedy, you need following ingredients:
- Boric acid
- A shaker (like one that is used for keeping spices)
How to Prepare this Remedy?
Well, it is not a very difficult task to prepare this remedy. you may prepare it easily at home.
- Take a shaker and fill it with boric acid.
- Also, clean the carpets, upholstery etc before sprinkling the boric acid. Don’t forget to remove objects like toys, bags, shoes from the infested area.
- Now, sprinkle boric acid and you may also apply boric acid powder on the carpet.
- Leave it for 12-48 hours.
- After 2 days simply vacuum all the areas.
- It is one of the best ways to get rid of fleas in the house.
5.) Use Rosemary to Get Rid of Fleas in House:
It is an effective way to get rid of fleas in house naturally. You may even wash your dogs with rosemary water if they are bitten by the fleas. You may even pour rosemary oil on the collar of your pets to prevent them from fleas. To use this kind of remedy, just follow the ways given below.
Ingredients You Need to Prepare this Remedy:
- Coffee grinder or mortar and pestle
Tips to Make this Remedy:
Here are few simple tips that you may follow to prepare this remedy.
- Take all of the above ingredients and grind them together. You may use mortar, pestle or a coffee grinder to grind them.
- Grind all of the above ingredients together till you get the fine powder.
- Grind all these ingredients well till they become the fine powder.
- After this, sprinkle this herbal powder on your carpet, pet’s bedding, furniture, below furniture, window sills to prevent fleas.
- This is one of the best natural flea repellents to get rid of fleas in the house.