Corns are a small blister-like skin problem that generally take place id feet. It makes the affected skin hard. It may or may not be painful. The prime cause of corns is wearing wrong fitting shoes and wearing shoes without the socks. It is a common problem among athletes. Moreover, diabetics are more prone to feet infections like corns. The person finds a problem while walking and eve while standing. There are several over the counter medicines that will help you to treat the corns. However, home remedies are more effective and they do not have side effect as well. Read more, home remedies to get rid of corns.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Corns:
1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Corns
Baking soda is natural exfoliant. It removes the dead skin that covers the corn. This will accelerate the healing process. Moreover, baking soda is packed with antibacterial and antifungal properties. This inhibits the growth of bacteria and prevents further infection.
How to Use Baking Soda?
- In a small tub add warm water and baking soda. Soak your foot into it for a few minutes. Then rub the affected area with a pumice stone to get rid of dead skin.
- Alternatively, mix some baking soda and lemon juice. Apply this mixture on the affected skin and scrub it with the pumice stone. You can also leave it in this mixture overnight and exfoliate it next morning.
- Follow anyone of the above remedy regularly to get rid of corns.
2.) White Vinegar to Get Rid of Corns
Another remedy that can help you to treat the corn is white vinegar. It has a high acidity level that helps to soften the affected skin. Moreover, it has antibacterial and antifungal properties that prevent the infection.
How to Use White Vinegar?
- Mix some white vinegar with double the amount of water.
- Apply this solution on the affected skin before going to the bed.
- To avoid the dripping cover it with a bandage. Leave it for a night.
- On following morning scrub the affected area of the skin pumice stone.
- Rinse it and pat dry. After this apply olive oil on the affected skin.
- Do this once in a day until you get satisfactory results.
3.) Lemon to Get Rid of Corns
You can also use lemon to treat the corn. It is acidic in nature, therefore, softens the hard skin. Moreover, it has anti-inflammatory properties that inhibit the growth of the bacteria and germs. Moreover, it prevents the secondary infections as well.
How to Use Lemon?
- Soak a cotton ball in the lemon juice and dab it over the corn. Leave it for a few minutes and wash it once the juice dries. Do this 3-4 times a day.
- Or, soak a handful of cloves in the lemon juice for a few minutes. Strain the solution and use the lemon water to apply on the affected skin. Leave it for a few minutes then rinse it off. Repeat this as many as time you can.
- Alternatively, mix a teaspoon of Brewer’s yeast and a dash of lemon juice. Mix it thoroughly to get a smooth paste. Spread this paste on the affected skin. Wrap a bandage on it to secure the paste. Leave it on for a night and rinse it next morning.
- Follow any of the above remedies regularly to get rid of corns.
4.) Garlic to Get Rid of Corns
Garlic is one of the natural antioxidants therefore it is an ideal remedy for corns. In addition, it has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help to get rid of the infection.
How to Use Garlic?
- Massage some garlic on the corn. Leave it on for a few minutes. Secure it with the bandage and rinse it off with the water next morning. Repeat this regularly before going to the bed.
- Or, crush a few cloves, add a pinch of salt to it. Mix it thoroughly to get a thick paste. Apply this paste on the affected skin. Cover it with a bandage and leave it on for 2-3 days. On last day when you will remove the bandage the corn will come out easily. If it does not then repeat the process.
- Alternatively, make a smooth paste of vinegar and cloves. Apply this paste on the affected skin. Place a cotton on it and secure it with bandage or tape. Leave it on for a few hours and then remove it. Later clean the area. Do this until the corn is disappeared.
5.) Licorice to Get Rid of Corns
Licorice has medicinal and healing properties that make it one of the ideal remedies for corns.
How to Apply Licorice?
- Make a thick paste of licorice powder and mustard oil.
- Spread this paste on the affected skin. Cover it with a bandage. Leave it on for a few hours then rinse it off.
- Do this on a regular basis to get rid of corns.
6.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Corns
Another household remedy for corns is turmeric. It is easily available in the kitchen. It has anti-inflammatory properties that heal the inflammation and prevent any further infection. Moreover, it treats the internal pain and promotes the healing process.
How to Apply Turmeric?
- Make a thick paste of honey and turmeric. Apply this herbal paste on the affected skin. Leave it on for minutes and then rinse it off. Do this regularly to treat the corn.
- Alternatively, mix a tablespoon of Aloe-Vera gel and turmeric. Spread this paste on the affected skin. Cover it with gauze or bandage. Leave it on for a night. Next morning scrub the hard skin with a pumice stone. Then apply moisturizer. Do this regularly to get rid of corns.
7.) Turpentine Oil to Get Rid of Corns
Turpentine oil is great antiseptic, therefore, it is one of the best remedies for corns. The oil can easily penetrate into the skin and accelerate the healing process.
How to Apply Turpentine Oil?
- Wrap an ice cube in the washcloth and dab it on the corn. Do this for a few minutes. Then pat dry the infected area and then massage turpentine oil on the affected skin.
- Or, warm some coconut oil. Mix it with the turpentine oil and 2 tablespoons of camphor oil. Leave this mixture at the room temperature. Then soak your affected foot in the warm water for 10-15 minutes. Pat, it dries and apply the mixture on the affected skin. Leave it on for a few hours then rinse it off.
8.) Pineapple to Get Rid of Corns
Pineapple is packed with the enzymes that help to treat the corn. Therefore, it is one of the best remedies for corns.
How to Apply Pineapple?
- Peel off the upper layer of the pineapple. Cut slice from it and place it directly on the corn.
- Either cover it with a gauge or wear socks. Leave it for a night.
- Next morning rinse the area and apply coconut oil as a moisturizer.
- Do this on this on the daily basis until the corn comes out.
9.) Papaya to Get Rid of Corns
Papaya is also one of the useful remedies for corns. It contains enzymes that help to soft the hard skin. Moreover, it soothes the affected area and promotes the healing process. However, use raw papaya.
How to Use Papaya?
- Grate a piece of papaya. Rub the grated part on and around the corn.
- Cover it with a bandage. Leave it on for a night.
- Next morning exfoliate the affected skin with pumice stone and rinse it off.
- Do this on a regular basis to cure corns.
10.) Pumice Stone to Get Rid of Corns
Pumice stone scrubs off the affected skin and removes the dead skin. This will accelerate the healing process.
How to Exfoliate?
- Before going to sleep dip your feet into the warm water for a few minutes and scrub it off with a pumice stone.
- Pat, it dry and then apply a moisturizer.