Are you facing the problem of uncontrolled weight gain? You might want to know how to lose 20 pounds. There are several natural remedies available which can guide you to shed those extra pounds from your body. To flaunt your new dress, to look great in your swimsuit or to fit into your wedding dress, you may want a lean and chiseled body. You can easily get that figure which you are dreaming of. Just follow a healthy regimen and some tips which we are mentioning in this article. You have to cross various hurdles to reach your goal. Certainly, a committed and dedicated attitude will help you see the results and lose 20 pounds fast.
Ways to Lose 20 Pounds Fast:
1) Foods You Should Eliminate From Your Diet to Lose 20 Pounds:
- Processed Sugar consumption should be stopped completely. You can use alternatives like honey and green stevia. Sugar plays a major role in making you fat. Even some products which sound healthy contain sugar in them like fruit juice, protein bars, granola bars, etc. But remember, natural sweeteners should also be used in moderate quantity.
- Whole grains contain gluten, starch, and phytic acid. All of these constituents can block the nutrients from absorbing into the body. After breakdown starch gets converted into sugar. So, avoid including whole grains in your diet for some time. Instead, consume ample amount of fruits and vegetables which are a good source of vitamins and minerals. You can opt for coconut flour or sprouted grain bread.
- Vegetable refined oil or canola oil should be banished too. These oils make you store unwanted body fat and will slow down your weight-loss regimen. These are full of calories and can cause body inflammation too. As an alternative, you can switch to coconut oil or olive oil. Grass-fed butter is also a good option for you. They promote weight-loss. Avoid having deep-fried snacks and food.
- Canned drinks and soda should be avoided. These drinks have a large portion of preservatives and sugar in them. It can play havoc with your weight-loss regimen.
- Alcohols are bad for your weight-loss program too. It will just add up few pounds to you without making you feel full.
From the moment you eliminate the above-mentioned foods, your metabolism rate increases abruptly. But remember, your daily intake of calories should not fall down below 1200 calories. You need not starve yourself to lose 20 pounds.
2) Foods You Should Include in Your Diet to Lose 20 Pounds:
- Vegetables are a good source of vitamins and minerals. Eating plenty of vegetables can help you in losing weight faster as it regulates metabolic function of the body. Keep a check on your calorie intake but have a good amount of nutrient-rich vegetables. Vegetables like carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, asparagus and green leafy vegetables should be preferred.
- Proteins should be included in your diet. Protein helps you in losing weight faster. It is the building block of muscles and helps in regulating metabolism. Moreover, protein is not stored as fat by the body. You should have approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of your body weight. Salmon, lamb, eggs, chicken, soybeans, lentils, etc. are rich in proteins.
- Sprouted seeds can work wonders for your weight-loss program. Seeds like flaxseeds, chia seeds, and hemp seeds are high in fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids. They help in regulating metabolism and support your weight-loss efforts.
- Coconut is a super food. It contains medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), it is a healthy fat and is easily digestible. Drink coconut water. Use coconut oil for cooking and see yourself lean and thin in a short interval of time.
- Ginger and garlic should be included in your diet and in a good proportion. Ginger makes the blood vessels wider. Garlic helps in lowering down insulin level of blood and regulates metabolic rate of your body.
- Drink plenty of water so that you do not crave for more food. At least 10-15 glasses of water a day is sufficient for beginners. You can have green tea as a healthy drink. It is loaded with antioxidants and regulates your metabolic rate.
3) Exercises to Lose 20 Pounds:
Being physically active helps you shed those extra pounds efficiently and effectively. Exercise for around 30-40 minutes a day without fail. Keep a record of your calories. How much you have burnt and how much was the intake both. If you cut 500 calories a day then you can easily lose 1 pound of body weight in a week. It means you can lose 20 pounds in body weight in 20 weeks. Though it looks like a longer duration to achieve your target but it is an effective way to lose weight. It will improve your eating habits and end-result will be long lasting.
- A brisk walk of 30-40 minutes can burn around 100-200 calories. Once you have cut 200 calories through walking, you just need to cut down 300 calories more in your diet to reach your calorie-cutting goal.
- Along with walking, you can take up running and jogging. It will help promote weight loss. Your stamina will get improved in the process. These are one of the highest calorie burning and muscle strengthening activities.
- Aerobics and rope-jumping are also beneficial. These are quite simple to perform and you can do it easily to achieve your calorie-cutting goal.
- Besides cardio exercises, you can do small exercises like taking the stairs, washing your car of your own, taking short walks frequently, etc. These simple physical activities make you agile and fit.
- Weight-lifting can be helpful too. You can do it using basic household things. Lift up the chair or a bed sheet. Put it down after holding for few seconds. Lift it again. But don’t do it on a daily basis as muscles need to relax and repair.
- Bicycling is also helpful in the fat burning process. Above all, it is good for people of all age groups.
- Swimming is another good option that you can take up.
By following all of these remedies you will gradually lose 20 pounds and will start feeling better about yourself. These tips and tricks are too simple to follow and apply.