How to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants?
Carpenter ants or sugar ants love to feed on the wood and sugar items. They are normally found in hollow trees, stumps and logs. However, in search of food they can invade your home as well. Homes that are built-in a wooden area are more vulnerable to ant infestation. Because of the similar appearance, they are often misunderstood as termites. If you do not want your home to be infested than get rid of carpenter ants on time. For this first recognize the key areas that are visited by the carpenter ants. Once you have recognized the areas start applying the remedies to eradicate them. Read more, to know ways to get rid of carpenter ants.
Different Ways to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants:
1.) Petrol to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
Petrol is considered as the best remedies to get rid of carpenter ants. It can even kill them. However, follow this remedy with caution, since petrol is highly inflammable. Moreover, make sure that you do not inhale the petrol. Otherwise, instead of bees, our life will be in danger.
How to Use Petrol?
- Soak a cloth into the petrol and place it over the nest of the carpenter ants.
- Leave it on for a few hours. However, you do not stay there.
- Open all the windows and doors so that they can escape easily.
- While doing cover your face and especially mouth.
2.) Almond Oil to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
Another ingredient that can help you to eliminate carpenter ants from your house is almond oil. Ants do not like the smell of almond oil. Moreover, it has some properties that help to remove the ants easily.
How to Use Almond Oil?
- Spread almond oil around the places which are frequent visited by the carpenter ants.
- This will make the carpenter ants to escape the place.
3.) Boric Acid to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
Boric acid works as an insecticide. It has a strong smell that is not liked by the ants. Moreover, it enable the ants to inhale oxygen and thus they die. So this one of the best remedies to get rid of carpenter ants.
How to Use Boric Acid?
- Sprinkle some boric acid at the places which are mostly visited by the ants.
- You can also sprinkle the paste of the baking soda and water as well.
- Do this daily and you will notice there are no ants anymore in your home.
4.) Diatomaceous Earth to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
Diatomaceous is a fossiled powder that helps to removes the carpenter ants. It is made up of the aquatic plants remain fossils. This can penetrate into the skin of the carpenter ants helps to eliminate ants from your house.
How to Use Diatomaceous?
- Spread this powder at all the sites where you find ants.
- Do this regularly until you get satisfactory results.
- Make sure that you wear gloves while handling diatomaceous powder wash your hands after using it.
5.) Block the Holes to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
One of the easiest ways to remove ants is from your house without killing ants is blocking the holes from where they tend to enter in the premises. So block all the holes and openings with DDT. It is a synthetic compound that works as insecticides. However, be cautious while using it. It is too strong and harmful for human beings as well. Fill this whole with the compound. You can also draw lines using DDT, this will eliminate the ants. And, will prevent them from entering in your premises.
6.) Powdered Yeast to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
Ants do not like the smell of the yeast. Moreover, it is so strong that it enables the ants to breathe therefore they either leave the vicinity or die.
How to Use Powdered Yeast?
- Sprinkle powdered yeast on the places where ants come now and then.
- Make sure that you sprinkle it around the wooden items since carpenter ants tend to enter from damaged wooden items.
- However, cover your mouth while doing so.
7.) Talcum Powder to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
You can also use talcum powder to eradicate carpenter ants. All you have to do is sprinkle some talcum powder around the window, doors and wooden foundations. You can also use tartar and borax instead.
8.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
Ants love sugar and hate pepper. So keep your sweets in the airtight container and sprinkle cayenne pepper around the sites where ants tend to come. Or sprinkle some sugar along with cayenne papper. Sugar will work as bait whereas pepper will help to kill the carpenter ants. However do not spread the sugar in abundance otherwise, there will be no effect of cayenne pepper.
9.) Boric Acid to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
Boric ants can also prevent the entry of the ants. Since it is natural remedy, therefore, it is totally safe and sound. All you have to do is sprinkle the boric acid on the sites that are most visited by the ants. And, do not forget to spread the boric acid on the wooden items.
10.) Dish Soap to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
Another ingredient that can help you to eradicate ants is liquid dish soap. It will suffocate the ants and they won’t be able to breathe.
How to Use Dish Soap?
- Spread liquid dish soap on near the homes of ants or when they frequently visit.
- For effective results, you can add baking soda as well.
- Once the ants are dead clean the area thoroughly.
11.) Peppermint Tea Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
Another remedy to get rid of carpenter ants is peppermint tea. It is a natural insect repellent. It has the strong smell which is not liked by the ants.
How to Use Peppermint?
- In a cup of water add 3-4 drops of peppermint oil.
- Sprinkle this solution around the sites where ants reside.
- Alternatively, sprinkle peppermint leaves around the doors, windows, garbage and entryways.
12.) Insecticides to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants
If any of the above remedies does not come handy they go for insecticides. Especially by professionals since they know how to handle these insecticides. Professionals with spread the insecticides in your entire home. Most of the carpenter ants will die and the luck one will escape. If you do not want to call a professional then you can use mild insecticides. They will not cause any harm to you and will make the ants leave the premises. But, this is not nature friendly remedy. So if you can avoid it.
Other Useful Tips to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants:
- Clean the wooden objects like racks, windows and doors regularly.
- Keep your sweets in the airtight container.
- Keep a lid in your dustbin.
Do not leave the food uncovered that too in open.
- As soon as you find carpenter ants in your home start using the remedies.
- Make sure you use these remedies regularly otherwise ants will come back.
- Keep the firewood away from your house. It is one of the favorite sites of carpenter ants.
- Do not leave any leakage unattended.