A hickey is a bruise of passionate love bite. It is also known as love mark and kiss bite. Though it is not harmful to the health, but yes it is quite embarrassing and especially if it is on the visible body part. To avoid the embarrassment it’s better to treat it as soon as you get one. Below we have listed some of the remedies that will help you to treat the bruise and the pain caused due it as well. Make sure that you follow these remedies regularly until the mark is gone forever. Read more to know remedies to get rid of a hickey.
Remedies to Get Rid of a Hickey:
1.) Cold Compress to Get Rid of a Hickey
A cold compress is one of the ideal remedies for a hickey. It breaks the formation of the blood clot. It promotes the blood circulation. Moreover, it heals the ruptured capillaries and reduce the bleeding.
How to Apply Cold Compress?
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a washcloth and place it directly on the hickey. Dab it on for a few minutes. It will reduce the swelling and pain. However, don’t place the ice cubed directly on the affected skin.
- Alternatively, put 2-3 spoons in the refrigerator. Once they are cold enough, wrap one of them in the washcloth and rub it directly on the hickey. Do this until the spoon gets warm. Change the spoon and continue the process. Do this as many as time you can do it treat the hickey.
2.) Warm Compress to Get Rid of a Hickey
If the hickey is 2-3 days old then warm compress is an ideal remedy. It will promote the blood circulation and treat the blood capillaries.
How to Apply Warm Compress?
- Soak a washcloth in the warm water, wring out the excess water and place it on the affected skin. Dab it until the cloth cools down. Do this 3-4 times a day to get rid of a hickey.
- You can also use a heating pad or hot heat bags to treat the hickey.
- If you do not get anything then just use your hairdryer.
3.) Aloe-Vera to Get Rid of Hickey
Aloe-Vera has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Moreover, it is a natural moisturizer. It treats the sensitivity of the skin. And heal the ruptured capillaries. It also promotes the healing process.
How to Apply Aloe-Vera?
- Apply fresh Aloe-Vera gel on the affected skin. Massage it for a while then leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- You can also use a cream product that has Aloe-Vera. But it should be herbal.
4.) Peppermint to Get Rid of a Hickey
Another remedy that helps to cure a hickey is peppermint. It improves the blood circulation. And, it has a cooling effect that helps to treat the hickey.
How to Use Peppermint?
- Massage some peppermint essential oil on the affected skin. Do this 2 times a day.
- If you do not have peppermint oil then apply peppermint based lotion, cream or toothpaste.
- This is one of the immediate remedies. So its works effectively when applied the moment you get a hickey.
5.) Banana Peel to Get Rid of a Hickey
Banana peel is also one of the best remedies for a hickey. It has cooling and soothing properties thus it reduces the pain and inflammation.
How to Use Banana Peel?
- Place the inner white part of the banana peel on the affected skin.
- Leave it on for a few minutes. You can also cut the banana peel according to the size of your hickey.
- Do this several times a day to cure a hickey.
6.) Vitamin K to Get Rid of a Hickey
Vitamin K helps to break down the clotting of the blood. It also promotes the blood circulation. Because of all these characteristics, Vitamin K is one of the ideal remedies for a hickey.
How to Apply Vitamin K?
- Massage a cream or lotion that has Vitamin K on the affected skin. Repeat this 2-3 times a day until the bruise fades.
- Consume Vitamin K rich foods such as broccoli, soybean, fish oil and brown rice.
- You can also have Vitamin K supplement to cure a hickey.
7.) Rubbing Alcohol to Get Rid of a Hickey
If the hickey is new then rubbing alcohol is a perfect remedy for it. It a has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It cures the ruptures capillaries. Moreover, it has a disinfectant that helps to a treat the love mark fast.
How to Apply Rubbing Alcohol?
- With the help of the cotton ball dab some rubbing alcohol on the affected skin.
- Massage it for a few minutes. It will dry your skin so apply a moisturizer afterwards.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a day until the mark is gone.
8.) Oranges to Get Rid of a Hickey
Oranges are a rich source of Vitamin C. It is one of the nutrients that our body require repairing the damaged skin. It also has healing properties.
How to Use Orange?
- Drink a glass of fresh orange juice. Do not apply it directly on the wound.
- Consume foods that are a rich source of Vitamin C.
- You can also have Vitamin C supplements.
9.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of a Hickey
Cocoa butter works well for a treat the hickey. It moisturizes the skin and encourages the growth of the new cells. It is one of the best remedies for the hickey.
How to Apply Cocoa Butter?
- Place a warm compress on the affected skin. Remove it after a few minutes and then apply cocoa butter on the affected skin.
- Massage it gently for 7-10 minutes.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a day. Instead of cocoa oil, you also use almond oil or olive oil.
10.) Massage with Finger to Get Rid of a Hickey
If the mark is old then you can treat it by a giving a nice finger massage. This will enhance the blood circulation and promotes the healing process.
How to Do a Finger Massage?
- Place your fingers on the bruise then slowly move them from inner to outer.
- Do this for 5-7 minutes.
11.) Coin to Get Rid of a Hickey
This might sound weird, but yes it actually works. It coagulates the blood clot and promotes the blood circulation.
How to Use a Coin?
- Scratch the hickey with the edge of the coin.
- This will break down the blood clot and spread the blood.
- It might be painful so do this with utter caution.
12.) Witch Hazel to Get Rid of a Hickey
It will heal the damaged blood capillaries and breaks down the blood clot. Moreover, it will promote the healing process.
How to Apply Witch Hazel?
- Dip a cotton ball into the witch hazel and dab it on the affected skin. It will burn for a while.
- Spread it evenly and leave it on.
- Repeat this 1-2 times in a day.