How to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast?
Gingivitis is a very common gum disease which is caused by a mild infection of the gums. Gingivitis or gum disease indicates that you don’t clean your teeth regularly and properly. It occurs when you don’t maintain your oral hygiene. Anyone can suffer from gingivitis but some people are not aware that they have such type of gum disease. There are some common symptoms of gingivitis such as swelling, irritation, redness and puffiness of the gums. Other symptoms are bleeding in the gums, bad breath, receding gums and loose teeth. If it is not treated on time, then it can damage your teeth and jaw. In this article, you will get to know about some remedies to get rid of gingivitis fast.
Gingivitis is a gum disease which occurs when the bacteria forms on the teeth and gums. If you don’t brush your teeth daily then the plaque is not removed and it produces toxins that may irritate the gum tissue, causing gingivitis. Plaque is a sticky film, which is composed of bacteria that may irritate the teeth and gums as well. There are some factors that can increase the risk of gingivitis such as age, diabetes, smoking, pregnancy, use of tobacco, alcohol and a poor diet.
Symptoms of Gingivitis:
- Irritation and puffiness of the gums
- Pain while chewing
- Gums that are swollen or red
- Bleeding in the gums
- Pus in the gums
- Loose teeth
Causes of Gingivitis:
- Crooked teeth
- Dry mouth
- Poor diet
- Use of tobacco
- Certain medications
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast and Naturally:
1.) Aloe Vera to Treat Gingivitis Fast and Naturally
Aloe vera is one of the best home remedies against gingivitis due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties. Aloe vera can prevent the accumulation of bacteria that cause gingivitis. It can also relieve pain and soothe inflamed gums and teeth.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast:
- Take an aloe vera leaf and extract the pulp from it.
- Rub this pulp directly on the infected gums.
- Keep it for ten minutes and then use cold water to gargle.
- Repeat this process few times a day until the infection is gone.
2.) Turmeric to Treat Gingivitis Naturally and Fast
The curcumin compound in turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Curcumin helps to reduce pain, plaque, inflammations and swelling in the gums. It can also reduce bacterial infection in the gums. A study found that turmeric mouthwash is very effective to fight against plaque and gingivitis.
Steps to Use Turmeric to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast:
- Take one tsp of turmeric powder, half tsp of salt and mustard oil. Mix these ingredients very well. Apply this turmeric paste on your gums and teeth and massage 2 times in a day.
- An alternate method, add half tsp of turmeric powder in a little water or vitamin E oil. Make a gum pack and apply it on your gums. After ten minutes, rinse your mouth with warm water. Follow this natural remedy at least once for a few weeks.
- Another way, prepare a paste by mixing turmeric powder and a little water. Brush your teeth with this paste. Do this 2 times at least a few weeks.
3.) Salt to Get Rid of Swollen Gums Fast
Salt is very effective for treating gingivitis due to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Salt helps to cure inflamed and swollen gums. Also, it draws bacterial infection and prevent the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
Steps to Use Salt to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast:
- Add half tsp of salt to a glass of warm water. Rinse your mouth with this saline solution. Do it once in the morning and in the evening until the swelling of your gums is gone.
- Alternatively, make a paste by adding a half tsp of salt with enough mustard oil. Use this paste to massage your gums for 1 to 2 minutes. Use warm water to gargle. Repeat this home remedy 2 to 3 times for a few days.
4.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast
Lemon helps to treat gum disease due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It also contains vitamin C that can help to fight against infection.
Steps to Use Lemon Juice:
- Add some lemon juice in a glass of warm water. After brushing your teeth, wash your mouth with this solution. Use it 2 times a day for some days to soothe bleeding and reduce the infection caused by gingivitis.
- Another method, add a little salt with 1 tbsp of lemon juice to prepare a paste. Apply it on your gums and keep it for a few minutes. Then, wash your mouth with warm water. Repeat this remedy 4 to 5 times a day until you get relief from swelling and pain.
5.) Baking Soda to Treat Gingivitis Fast
Baking soda is one of the best home remedies for gingivitis. It reduces the risk of gum disease and tooth decay. It helps to prevent bacterial infections due to its natural antiseptic properties.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast:
- Take ¼ tsp of baking soda and add it to warm water to make a paste.
- Apply this baking soda to the gums.
- Keep it for 2 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat this treatment three times a week to cure swollen gums.
6.) Oil Pulling to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast and Naturally
Oil pulling is one of the most popular home remedies to treat gingivitis in a week. Oil pulling helps to reduce bacteria that cause gingivitis. It can strengthen gums and helps to maintain oral health.
Steps to Use Oil Pulling:
- Take 1 tbsp of coconut oil or sesame oil and put it in your mouth.
- Swish this oil in your mouth and teeth for 20 minutes.
- Spit it out, then wash your mouth with warm water.
- Do this remedy before brushing your teeth for a month.
7.) Guava Leaves to Treat Gingivitis Naturally
Guava leaves are very effective that provide relief from gum disease and toothaches due to its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. It also contains guaijaverin that acts as an antiplaque agent.
Steps to Use Guava Leaves to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast:
- Clean some guava leaves thoroughly. Chew guava leaves and then spit them. Do this two times a day for two weeks.
- Another way, grind some guava leaves and brush your teeth with this paste.
- You can also use a mouth rinse that contains a guava leaf extract.
8.) Tea Tree Oil to Cure Gingivitis Naturally and Fast
Tea tree oil is used for treating gingivitis due to its anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties. It helps to give relief from inflamed and irritated gums.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast:
- Use a toothpaste that contains tea tree oil to brush your teeth regularly.
- If toothpaste is not available, then add a few drops of tea tree oil to your toothpaste and brush your teeth.
- You can also use gel that contains tea tree oil.
- Repeat this process daily to reduce the effect of infection.
9.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast and Naturally
Peppermint is very effective in the treatment of gingivitis due to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It helps to reduce bacteria and inflammation that cause bad breath.
Steps to Use Peppermint:
- Soak some crushed peppermint leaves in water for half an hour. Then use this peppermint solution to wash your mouth 2 to 3 times a day.
- Alternatively, prepare a cup of peppermint tea and drink it. Use this tea as mouthwash.
- You can also use toothpaste that contains peppermint to brush your teeth 2 times daily.
10.) Clove to Treat Gum Disease Fast and Naturally
Clove is one of the best home remedies to treat gum disease fast. The analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties helps to reduce gingivitis pain in gums and teeth.
Steps to Use Clove to Get Rid of Gingivitis Fast:
- Chew two to three cloves daily to cure gingivitis in a week.
- Rub this clove oil on your teeth and gums. Keep it for a few minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Do this home remedy twice daily for effective results.
- Another way, add a few drops of clove in a glass of lukewarm water. Use this solution to wash your mouth 2 to 3 times in a day.
Additional Tips to Get Rid of Gingivitis:
- Brush your teeth with a soft toothbrush twice a day.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months.
- Use antibacterial mouthwash to reduce gingivitis and plaque.
- Wash your mouth with water and after having a meal, drink water.
- Go for regular dental checkups.
- Don’t eat high sugar foods as they contain harmful bacteria.
- Eat yogurt and cheese to control the growth of bacteria in your mouth.
- Take a vitamin D supplement to reduce the risk of gum disease.