How to use home remedies to get rid of acne naturally? Acne is one of the most commonly occurring problems of the skin, affecting more than 2/3 people in the teenage group. However, some individuals tend to have this problem, well into their middle ages. Acne is characterized as red or patchy skin, swelling and inflammation. Whiteheads, blackheads and pimples are also a part of acne problems. Failing to treat acne timely often leads to severe scarring of the skin often resulting depression and low self- esteem. Acne is generally non-inflammatory in nature, but can also result in severe inflammation in severe cases. There are many ways to treat acne. People generally take the help of over the counter drugs to get quick relief. However, these medicines are not free from side effects and can create dependency. Resorting to natural means to solve the problem of acne is of the most effective ways to get rid of this problem on a long term basis. There are few superb article on how to get rid of pimples?, How to get rid of blackheads?, and Blackhead removal remedies to remove blackheads on our website.
Types of Acne:
Whiteheads and Blackheads
Whiteheads and blackheads are two very common types of acne and are easily treated without much hassle. A blackhead occurs typically when a clogged pore remains open and dirt accumulates in it, causing it to look black. When the clogged pore is closed it tends to have a white appearance, which is commonly known as a whitehead.
Pustules and Papules
These types of acne occur when the skin of the acne gets severely irritated, resulting in the formation of bigger acne. Papules are hard on the exterior and in touch may feel like sandpaper. Papules are also similar type of grade two acne, but its main difference lies in the fact that it has a yellowish pus filled in it, giving it the appearance of a blister.
Cysts and Nodules
Nodules and cysts are grade three types of acne and may cause severe pain, cysts often have deep roots in the skin. These cysts and nodules occur in the back region of the neck, shoulders as well as on the face. Cysts can be inflammatory in nature and can be filled with pus. These types of acne should be treated by a qualified skin specialist.
Causes of Acne:
Excess of Oil Secretion
The skin on the face, shoulders and neck region has a high concentration of sebaceous glands. These glands are found at the root of the hair follicle. The sebaceous glands perform the function of secreting oil to keep the skin lubricated. When these glands secrets excesses of oil the pores of the skin tends to get blocked. This is the ideal state for bacteria to thrive, which ultimately results in the formation of whiteheads or blackheads.
During puberty the bodies of teenage girls and boys, secrete a sex hormone known as androgen. These hormones cause the foclicular glands to expand, resulting in excess of sebum formation. Resulting in acne formation. Androgen formation is heightened during the time of puberty among boys and girls when they are experiencing their first menstrual cycle.
Genetic or Hereditary
It has been generally observed that if the parents of a particular patient or the first generation relatives has a history of acne problems, then it is likely that their kids or siblings are likely to suffer from the same kind of problems.
Stress and Other Psychological Problem
Leading an unhealthy life and working under stressful conditions generally triggers the stress hormones and results in excess sebum secretion and ultimately results in acne formation.
Consumption of Products from the Dairy and Sugar based Foods
Although it is not very clear, but it has been observed that consumption of dietary products like eggs, milk or cheese has resulted in a high amount of sebum secretion. Sugary foods like chocolates or cakes have high glycemic content which might make the acne worse.
Applying oil based makeup will most clog the skin pores and create an environment ideal for the skin bacteria to thrive. Failure to remove makeup and using dirty makeup brushes can also aggravate the problem to a great extent resulting in severe blemishes.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Naturally:
1.) Ice to to Get Rid of Acne
A single block of ice has the extraordinary capability to reduce the acne scars and give your skin a healthy and glowing look. Ice can reduce inflammation and redness significantly and help the skin to fight the problem by soothing the inflamed skin.
- Take a cube of ice.
- Wrap it in a piece of clean cotton cloth.
- Apply the ice block slowly to the acne affected area.
- Repeat the process a few times during the day to get faster relief.
2.) Honey to Get Rid of Acne
Honey is very rich in antibacterial properties and can help to fight the harmful bacteria of the skin in an effective way. Raw honey is also a great skin moisturizer and can hydrate the skin naturally.
- Take some green tea leaves and boil it in a cup of water.
- Strain the green tea and add a spoonful of raw honey to it.
- You can use plain water instead of green tea, but green tea tends to work better than plain water.
- Apply this mixture to the acne affected area and allow it to sit for a couple of hours.
- Once the mixture dries up, rinse your face with cold water.
3.) Egg White Treatment to Get Rid of Acne
- Egg whites are known to treat acne scar and reduce inflammation significantly.
- Take two eggs and carefully break the shell.
- Separate egg whites and the yolk by tossing the egg in the broken shells.
- Once the whites are separated from the yolk whisk the egg white and form a foam.
- Apply the foam on the face.
- Allow the egg whites to sit for a couple of hours.
- Wash your face with cold water, once it has completely died off.
4.) Tree Tea Oil to Get Rid of Acne
- Tree tea oil is a wonderful antiseptic and can help to fight the bacteria of the skin.
- Take a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Add a few drops of water to the oil and mix it thoroughly.
- Take a Q-tip and dip it in the tea tree oil solution and apply it to the acne affected region,
- Repeat this process regularly to notice a significant change in your skin.
5.) Lemon to Get Rid of Acne
- Lemon is high on astringent properties and can reduce the occurrence of acne.
- Take a piece of fresh lemon.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon dip a cotton swab in the juice and apply it on the acne.
- Leave the juice for a couple of hours before washing your face.
- This treatment will most probably shrink the acne and reduce the inflammation and redness of the skin and provide relief.
6.) Calendula and Castor Oil Mask to Get Rid of Acne
- This unusual mask, will help to dry the acne and reduce the ugly marks along with the pain and soreness associated with it.
- Take one teaspoon of castor oil.
- Grind some calendula leaves and add it to the oil.
- Apply this mask on the skin.
- Repeat this process for a couple of weeks to see the difference.
7.) Orange Peel Mask to Get Rid of Acne
- Take some fresh orange peel.
- Pound the orange peel with the help of a motor and pestle until the oil oozes out.
- Apply the tender orange mask over the acne affected area and allow it to sit for a couple of hours.
- This particular orange mask will help to kill the bacteria in the skin and reduce the acne formation.
8.) Basil Tea Treatment to Get Rid of Acne
- Basil is a wonder herb and has a high concentration of antiseptic qualities.
- In a pan, add 1 cup of water and let it come to a boil.
- Add a handful of basil leaves to the water.
- Allow the water to steep for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate the solution and allow it to cool.
- Once it has cooled down apply it on your skin.
- Repeat the process twice every day for quicker results.
9.) Garlic Therapy to Get Rid of Acne
- Garlic is also another strong anti inflammatory ingredient , which can sure the problem of acne significantly.
- Take a clove of garlic and peel it.
- Beat the garlic and apply the muss on the acne.
- Let the garlic sit on the affected part of your skin for a couple of hours.
- Even though the procedure is a bit messy, it can offer you long lasting results.
9.) Nutmeg and Clove Therapy to Get Rid of Acne
- Take half a cup of milk and heat it in an oven.
- Ground a few pieces of nutmeg and clove and add it to the milk.
- Let all the ingredients boil together for a couple of minutes until the milk reduces to half the quantity.
- Let the milk cool down significantly.
- With the help of a clean cloth, apply the milk all over your face.
- Let it sit for a couple of minutes and then wash your face with cold water.
10.) Neem Leaves or Neem Oil Treatment to Get Rid of Acne
- Just like basil neem is also a powerhouse plant and is in anti-bacterial properties. You can use neem in the form of oil or grounded leaves for treating acne.
- Take some neem oil.
- Apply this oil directly on the acne with a Q-tip.
- Alternatively, you can grind some powdered neem leaves.
- Add a couple of drops of water and make a paste.
- Apply this paste o on your skin and leave it overnight.
11.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Acne
Spray your face with apple cider vinegar once during the day and once during the night for a toned and blemish free skin. Apple cider vinegar is an excellent exfoliant and can help to restore the natural pH balance of the skin.
12.) Aloe-vera Gel Treatment to Get Rid of Acne
Get hold of some pure aloe- vera gel and apply it directly on the acne affected region of the skin. It will help to soothe the skin and provide a blemish free appearance.
13.) Fenugreek Seed Paste to Get Rid of Acne
- Fenugreek seeds are very effective in providing relief from acne causing bacteria.
- Take a handful of Fenugreek seeds and soak it overnight in water.
- Grind these seeds in the morning and make a paste.
- With the help of your fingers apply this paste over your acne affected region of the face.
- Allow it to dry for a few hours.
- Once it has completely dried, wash it off with cold water.
14.) Rose Water and Sandal Wood Therapy to Get Rid of Acne
Rose water plays an important part to kill the acne producing bacteria, while sandalwood helps to reduce the scar marks and blemishes from the skin.
- Take a few drops of rose water.
- To this water add half a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and make a paste.
- Apply this sandalwood paste on your skin and leave it for at least 5-6 hours
- In the morning, use the cold water to wash the paste.
Other Useful Tips to to Get Rid of Acne:
- Drink water and avoid sugary and dairy foods to get rid of acne. Your skin is a vital organ of the body and requires replenishment like any other organ. Drink enough water to ensure that all parts of your body work properly. At the same time avoid sugary foods and restrict the intake of dairy products which are known to trigger acne.
- Refrain from popping your acne to get rid of acne. In case there is a pus formation in your acne, don’t pop it. Popping it will result in the bacteria spreading to different part of the skin. Besides popping an acne makes it more vulnerable to infection.
- Opt for a balanced diet to get rid of acne. Make sure your body is getting all the vital nutrients in equal proportions. Include leafy green vegetables, along fish and chicken. Fish and different types of nuts are high in Omega 3 fatty acid concentration, which is good for the overall health of the skin.
- Moisturize your face adequately to get rid of acne .Refrain from washing your face with any harsh soap. Washing your face more than once, can eventually cause it to dry out. Use a water based moisturizer to ensure that the sebaceous glands are not forced into producing excess sebum, thereby leading to blackhead or whitehead formation. In case you have an oily skin a use a alcohol free toner, because toners can wash of the natural oils from the skin.
- Looks for avenues to reduce stress to get rid of acne. Stress hormones are one of the major culprits behind acne formation. Practice yoga or meditation, to keep the level of stress down. Indulge in your favorite pastime or practice doing something which you love. All these stuffs will eventually help to reduce stress and give you a healthy looking skin, along with a healthy mind and soul.
- Avoid the harmful ultra-violet rays of the sun to get rid of acne. Use an SPF 30 or more sun scream before going out in the sun. The UV rays of the sun can steal the natural radiance of your skin and make it dry.
- Keep your face free from hair to get rid of acne. In case you have an oily hair, make sure it stays away from the face. The oil from the hair can rub onto your face and lead to acne formations.
- Exercise regularly to get rid of acne. Regular exercise helps in the proper circulation of blood in your body. Take a shower after exercise, to ensure there is no sweat build up in the body.
- Following the above mentioned methods will help to provide you with long lasting relief from acne problems in a natural way without any side effects. These remedies are cost effective and tends to provide long term benefits, than any other over the counter medicine available in any drugstore.