Best Tips to Get Over a Guy Who Doesn’t Care About You:
1.) Acknowledge Your Feelings
You should acknowledge your feelings and address the situation regardless of how involved you were with the guy. If you deny that you care about the guy or you are interested in him will not help you to move on.
- When you find a guy who doesn’t care about you the way you care about him, it is easy to look at yourself and find fault. So don’t blame yourself because it is not the way to move forward and it will make you feel worse.
- Don’t pretend like it didn’t happen or act like you are cool with the situation. To get over someone, you need to consider and admit what you are dealing with. No matter how serious your relationship with the guy was, this is the important step in this painful process.
- Tell to a trusted friend or write down your feelings in a private place such as journal or diary.
2.) Be Hopeful that Things will Get Better
You need to encourage yourself that things will get better and you will get over the guy who doesn’t care about you. Allow yourself to feel hopeful about the future which is important for your recovery. It will be good if you indulge yourself in fantasies and daydreams about the future that will help you feel more optimistic.
3.) Spend Time with Yourself
Spending time with yourself is the way to get over a guy who doesn’t care about you. Though being alone can be depressing and scary but with a little effort, you can enjoy the loneliness and use alone time to help you recover. Being comfortable and spending time in your own company is the best way to nurture your relationship with yourself.
4.) Don’t Engage Yourself in Unhealthy Activities
When you try to get over someone, it can be very tempting to cope with your situation by engaging in unhealthy activities such as drug use, drinking or casual sex. However, these activities might provide temporary relief and will not help you to move forward with your life in a positive manner.
5.) Give Yourself Some Space
If you are trying to over a guy who doesn’t care about you then don’t interact with the guy because it can be very painful. Give some space to yourself and keep your interactions with the guy to a minimum to speed up the recovery process.
- Spend time in new places or hang out with friends.
- Use this opportunity to make new friends or try different activities like take an art class or join a book club.
- Delete his contacts in your phone or block him on social media accounts.
6.) Laugh to Feel Better
Crying is important to relieve stress and promote healing. So don’t hold your tears if you feel weepy. Crying works as therapeutic when you try to get over a guy who doesn’t care about you but laughing is also a lot more fun. Laughter relieves stress, pain, lessens anxiety and will make you feel more optimistic. Laugh with your family, friends or coworkers. You can also watch a funny movie that makes you giggle.
7.) Exercises to Feel Better
Working out is the best way when you feel down. Exercises release endorphins that will help you to feel less depressed and more confident. Simply go for a walk in the park or go on a bike ride. By increasing your activity level each day, you will soon notice the improvement in your mood. When you feel better mentally and physically, it will be easier to move forward. Exercising also helps to get over your situation and gives a sense of control. In this way, you can also get over a breakup.
8.) Plan Fun Activities and Outings
To move forward with your life, try to plan some fun activities with your friends or family. This is the good way to get over a guy who doesn’t care about you.
- See a movie, plan a trip, go out to dinner or take a spa day.
- It will be tempting to spend the whole time by talking about your problem with someone. If you enjoy the moment then everyone will have a better time. So don’t focus on the past things.
9.) Embrace Your Independence
It is hard to get over a guy who doesn’t care about you; it will be easier when you embrace your independence. Keep in mind, that you don’t need people to make you happy. If you don’t feel independent at that time or you are not excited to be alone then tell yourself that you will embrace independence that will help you to feel better.
10.) Prepare a List of Strengths
You might feel very strong and amazing when you try to get over a guy who doesn’t care about you. So, take your time to prepare a list of strengths and attributes. This will help you to feel more attractive, confident, powerful and able to move forward in your life.