Best Tips to Hug Romantically:
(A) The Frontal Hug to Hug Your Partner
1.) Position Your Arms
Making eye contact is very important when you hug someone. Set the mood first to hug passionately and romantically. Also, make sure you both are alone. When you hug romantically, your chest, stomach, and torso will touch. This is an intimate and warm position that emphasizes closeness.
- Generally, the taller one places their arms around the waist of the shorter one, while the shorter person places their arms around the shoulder or neck of the taller person. This can happen in an opposite way, especially if there is a big height difference. The taller one put their arms around the other person’s shoulders, while the other one wraps their arms around the waist.
2.) Make Your Head Contact to Hug Romantically
Leaning your head against someone is a signal of intimacy. When you lean in to give a romantic hug, move your head to the side. Don’t move too far to the side, if you want your cheek to brush up against your partner’s face. To add an extra romantic touch, move your head or face into the head or neck of the other person.
3.) Squeeze and Hold to Hug Passionately
A romantic hug lasts longer than an intimate hug. Hug your partner a little tighter for 2 to 3 seconds. Take a deep breath and breathe out; relax and enjoy your hug. Make sure, hug should not be so tight that it prevents your partner from breathing normally. If your partner has a problem while breathing then it is not considered romantic.
4.) Use Your Hands to Hug
Use your hands to rub on their arm or back a few times. If your hand is by the person’s head then gently stroke their hair or the back of your partner’s neck. A slow caress is considered as romantic.
- When you pull away, put your hands on your partner that means you are still touching each other after you hug. This is the best time to look into each other’s eyes, smile and speak from your heart.
(B) The Front to Back Hug to Hug Romantically
1.) Hold Your Partner From Behind
Another way to hug your partner romantically is to surprise your lover with a hug from behind. Wrap your arms around your partner’s waist and place your head against theirs. This can be a super sweet surprise.
2.) Stand Behind Your Partner to Hug
Press your torso up against the back of your partner you are hugging and wrap your arms around your partner. It doesn’t matter if you are shorter or taller. Girls like back hugs when guys place their hands on their stomach. Guys also like it from back when girls grab them from their chest and lean their head on to guy’s back.
3.) Put Your Arms in Front
You can put your arm on top of the other and your one arm should be in front of the other. You can also reach up over the chest and hold the shoulders of your partner you are hugging. It depends on the size of your arms and the size of the area where your arms are best placed.
4.) Make Head Contact to Hug Romantically
Just like a front facing hug, lean your head against your partner. It is a sign of intimacy. If you are taller than your partner then you can nuzzle their neck or face. If you are shorter then you can place your head sideways on their neck.
- Notice the physical sensation when you hug your partner. Smell your partner and feel his or her arms around you.
5.) Squeeze and Hold Your Partner
A romantic hug lasts longer than a normal hug. Hold your partner for two to three seconds. Relax in your partner’s arms and enjoy it. Caressing your partner’s arms is a natural and lovely touch. You can also caress their hair or face. For the hugger, caressing can become intimate without much effort. If you are at that level then this is a delightful way to begin intimacy.
- After the back hug, rotate your partner. Now enjoy a front facing hug to enjoy the closeness of your partner.
Other Tips to Hug Romantically:
- If you hug a girl, pull her close to you so that she feels secure and warm.
- Make sure you smell good because not everyone wants to hug someone who doesn’t smell good.
- A hug brings someone close and personal. So maintain your body odor. Remember, cologne, perfume and breath mints can make your hug more romantic.
- Hugging is like kissing or dancing. It is interactive. You can’t force anyone to hug.
- Extreme height difference can make your hug more difficult.
- Let your partner know about your intentions before you hug them.