How to Stop Biting Nails?
Nails biting are one of those habits that each one of us has or had. When we could not find a solution, we bite nails. Waiting for someone, we start biting nails and so on. Such practices lead to a habit of biting nails regularly and gradually it becomes a common practice. Though it is not harmful practice but not healthy as well. It chip of your nails and reshape it. Moreover, many times you tend to face embarrassment due to it. If you have been biting your nails for a long time or have just started then it’s time to bid adieu to this habit and follow the remedies to stop biting nails.
Remedies to Stop Biting Nails:
1.) Nail Biting Polish to Stop Biting Nails
You will get many types of nail-biting polish on the market. Such polishes help the person to quit the habit of biting nails.
- Apply nail-biting polish that tastes bad on your nails. Since it would not have good taste so you will not bite your nails.
- Alternatively, apply a dark-colored nail pain. They also taste bad. Moreover, the dark nail paints on nails do not look nice therefore, you will not urge to bite nails.
2.) Trim the Nails to Stop Biting Nails
If you have a bad habit of biting your nails then keep them short. When your nails will be short you won’t be able to bite them and thus you will get rid of your this habit. However, do not go for too short nails and once you trim the nails use a nail filer to polish your edges.
3.) Indica Oil to Stop Biting Nails
Another remedy to get rid of nail-biting habit is apply indica oil. It does not have a good taste. So when you will apply it to your nails the bad smell of this oil will prevent you bite your nails. Moreover, it is antiseptic so it will prevent the infection in the nails.
- Soak a cotton ball into the indica oil and spread it on your nails.Soak a cotton ball in indica oil and spread it on your nails.
- Soak a cotton ball in indica oil and spread it on your nails.Leave it on until it dries.
- Leave it on until it dries.When you will bite the nails the bad taste of the oil will stop you from doing so.
- When you will bite the nails the bad taste of the oil will stop you from doing so.
4.) Bitter Guard to Stop Biting Nails
Bitter guards also work like indica oil. It too has a bad smell that will stop you from biting the nails. Moreover, regular application of bitter guard on nails gives clean and healthy nails.
- Crush a bitter gourd to get a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your nails.
- Leave it on. When unconsciously you will bite your nails the bitter taste of this vegetable will stop you from doing so.
5.) Garlic to Stop Biting Nails
Another remedy that can help you to get rid of your bad habit of biting nails is garlic. It has a strong smell that is often not liked. Once you will apply it on your nails you will not want to bite nails. Say thanks to garlic for this! Moreover, it strengthens the nails and prevents the infection.
- Crush a few garlic to get a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your nails and fingers.
- You can also apply garlic oil as well to biting nails.
- The strong smell of the garlic will not let you bite the nails.
6.) Manicure to Stop Biting Nails
Another remedy that comes handy for preventing yourself from biting nails is manicure. All girls love manicure. It makes the nails look so glossy, clean and attractive. Now the same thing can help you stop from biting your nails. Apply acrylic colors on your nail paint, and design it further with different textures jewels and textures. Moreover, when your fingers will look clean you will not like to bite them.
7.) Wear Gloves to Stop Biting Nails
Gloves will restrict you from biting the nails. Wearing gloves is not an easy task especially in summers. So when you will find a hard time while writing or doing any of the stuff while wearing gloves you will definitely get motivated to quit the habit of biting nails.
8.) Bandages to Stop Biting Nails
Another practice that can stop you from biting your nails is simply wrapping adhesive taps on your nails. This is a great substitute of gloves. It will not restrict your finger moments. When you will wrap bandages on your nails you will not able to bite them. Make sure that you change the bandage regularly.
9.) Artificial Nails to Stop Biting Nails
Wearing an artificial nail is one of the ideal ways to stop biting nails. It will cover your original nails and thus, you won’t be able to bite them. Moreover, it will enhance the beauty of your nails. You can go for gels, wrap, and press-on or acrylic nails. However, make sure that you opt correct size of the artificial nails that seamlessly covers your nail without chipping off.
10.) Perfume to Stop Biting Nails
Soak a cotton ball into a perfume and apply it thoroughly to your nails. Leave it on. This will surely restrict yours from biting your nails since it has bad taste. When unintentionally you will bite your nails the bad taste of the oil will stop you from doing so. However, this is not a correct remedy for kids. Perfume can be harmful to their health. Moreover, do not apply it for a longer period.
11.) Rubber Band to Stop Biting Nails
Another effective way to control you from biting nails is the rubber band. Yes, you read that right! Take the rubber band and wrap it around your wrist. Whenever your urge to bite nails pull the band. When you will pull it, the pain caused due it will send the message to the brain to prevent biting nails. This might sound lame but it actually works. If you do not believe then try it for yourself.
12.) Switch to Healthy Practices to Stop Biting Nails
The golden rule of controlling oneself from the biting the nails makes you busy. A person has an urge to bite nails when he is free or is confused. To avoid this keep you busy. Make sure that your hands especially fingers are not free. For this typing and writing is a right practice. Do not sit idle. Even if you are watching TV then also use your fingers. Chopping vegetables, knitting is an ideal way of making your fingers busy while watching TV.
Additional Tips to Stop Biting Nails
- Chew a gum, it will keep your mouth busy and thus, will not bite your nails.
- Include magnesium and calcium-rich foods in your diet.
- Keep the stress at the bay. It is one of the prime cause of biting nails.
- Drink lots of water.
- If you are not able to overcome your this habit from a long time then its high time to consult the doctor.