In this article, we are discussing several different ways to remove skin tags. Skin tags are soft and non-cancerous skin that outgrowth of your skin on different parts of the body. They form when the skin gets rubbed against the skin. Skin tags generally occur on the neck, eyelids, arms, Under breast, and armpits. These plump outgrowths are small in size and come out in a deformed shape. Scientific term of skin tags is known as acrochordon. Skin tags can affect both in men and women. Skin tags can be safely removed at home using simple home remedies. Follow this article to know more about removing skin tags fast at home. You can also read this related article How to get rid of moles? on our website.
Causes of Skin Tags:
Skin tags are caused by the build up of blood vessels and collagen in the thicker and denser parts of the skin. This is generally caused due to the rubbing of skin, which forms in skin folds and creases. Skin tags mostly affect people, who suffer from:
- In pregnant women, due to hormonal changes
- Excess use of steroids
- Human papilloma virus
- Scratches due to shaving, clothing and jewelry
Symptoms of Skin Tags:
- Small skin outgrowths, with pink or brown in color
- Not painful
- Irregular in shape
- Mostly appear in the armpits, under breasts, neck area, upper chest, groin and eyelids.
Home Remedies to Remove Skin Tags:
1.) Apply Tea Tree Oil to Remove Skin Tags
Tea tree oil is one of the best home remedies to remove a skin tag at home. Tea tree oil consists of antibacterial and antiseptic properties to help remove skin tags fast. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take some amount of tea tree oil.
- Soak a cotton ball in it and apply it on the affected area.
- Now, gently rub it over the skin tag in circular motions.
- Repeat this method daily for 1-2 times a day to remove skin tags fast.
2.) Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Remove Skin Tags
This is one of the best home remedies for skin tags on the neck. Apple cider vinegar consists of various health benefits that includes skin care, hair care and overall health problems. The antibacterial properties of ACV help remove skin tags easily. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take some amount of apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Now, soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it to the skin tag.
- Gently massage it with ACV solution for 5-10 mins daily.
- Use this treatment for about a month for the complete removal of skin tag.
3.) Try Onion Juice to Remove Skin Tags
This is another best home remedy to remove skin tags at home. Onion juice is acidic in nature, thus helps remove skin tags fast. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take one onion and cut it into slices.
- Now, put these slices in a bowl and add some salt to it.
- Keep this mix overnight and extract juice next morning.
- Use this onion juice by massaging on the skin tag every day before going to bed for a few weeks.
- You will see improved results soon.
4.) Apply Castor Oil & Baking Soda to Remove Skin Tags
Castor oil is another helpful home remedy to remove skin tags. This oil helps eliminate and dissolve unusual skin growths without leaving a mark on your skin. Moreover, it is loaded with many essential nutrients that help keep your skin healthy and nourished. To try this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Take some amount of baking soda and castor oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and cover it.
- Leave it overnight.
- Next morning wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat this process daily for 10 days until the skin tag totally vanishes.
5.) Vitamin E Oil to Remove Skin Tags
Vitamin E oil is famous for its antioxidant properties and skin rejuvenation potential. This is why vitamin E oil is considered to be the best treatments for removing skin tags. To use this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take a vitamin E and break open to extract the pure oil.
- Apply this oil on the skin tag.
- Now, cover the area using a bandage and leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, repeat the whole process again and apply vitamin E oil and apply a new bandage before going to bed, reapply.
- Repeat this process every day, for best results.
- Repeat this remedy for 10 days, until you see skin tags removing.
6.) Garlic to Remove Skin Tags
Fresh garlic can help treat several skin conditions, including skin tags. It is said that the enzymes present in garlic help contract skin tags naturally. To use this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take 1-2 garlic cloves and crush them to extract some juice.
- Apply this juice to the skin tag 1-2 times a day.
- Repeat this method daily to remove skin tags easily.
7.) Use Threads to Remove Skin Tags
This is a common home remedy to remove skin tags. This method includes little safety and cautions to perform the method. Follow the steps given below to try this method to remove skin tags easily:
- Take a thread or dental floss and tight your skin tag with it.
- Now, carefully cut the skin tag by using a sterilized scissors or cutter.
- It might be painful to you, but it is an effective method.
- After removing the skin tag, apply some antibacterial lotion or cream over the place.
8.) Apply Aloe Vera to Remove Skin Tags
Aloe vera is used for many skin problems including skin tags. It consists of amazing healing and antibacterial properties. Also, aloe vera is also well-known for its anti-inflammatory as well as antioxidant properties that can be very helpful in treating skin tags. To use this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Take one fresh aloe vera leaf and take out some gel.
- Apply this gel directly to the skin tag and massage gently.
- Repeat this method daily for a few weeks for best results.
9.) Use Lemon Juice to Remove Skin Tags
Lemon is juice is also a great home treatment to remove skin tags naturally. Lemon juice is also acidic in nature and consists of vitamin C that help treat your skin as well. So to try his method, follow the steps given below:
- Take one lemon and squeeze some juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply it on the affected area.
- Repeat this remedy daily for a few weeks until you see some improvements.
10.) Try Banana Peel to Remove Skin Tags
Banana peel is another helpful remedy for skin tags. It consists of strong antioxidant properties that helps remove skin tags easily. Also, the enzymes present in the banana peel help eliminate and dissolve the tags naturally. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take a small banana and peel it.
- Massage with the inner part of the banana peels for 5-10 mins.
- Now, keep the banana over the skin tag and cover it with a piece of cloth overnight.
- Next morning, remove the banana peel and wash it off with water.
- Repeat this remedy daily for a few days until the skin tags fall off.