Mosquito bites are a very annoying problem and they can spoil your morning and evening in summer. People who are allergic to mosquito bites will look for how to get rid of mosquito bites. If you are playing outdoor activities, then you are almost bound to get bitten by mosquitoes. There are some useful tips that will help you to treat mosquito bites. Read this article thoroughly to know about some useful tips for mosquito bites.
Mosquitoes live by feeding on animal and human blood. They use their sharp, thin and elongated mouth part to suck up the blood. The mosquito is attracted by heat and carbon dioxide, which is emitted by human beings. There are some fragrances or scents that may also attract them. Sometimes you don’t feel the bite when they bite. But it’s after effects can be very annoying and harmful. The symptoms of mosquito bite are swelling, skin rashes, itchiness, bruising, and skin infection. Mosquito bites can be a result of fatal diseases such as dengue and malaria. Try to avoid being bitten by wearing long pants, long sleeves or other protective clothes.
Symptoms of Mosquito Bites:
- Rashes on the skin
- Scars on the skin
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites:
1.) Soap and Water to Treat Mosquito Bites Fast
Washing mosquito bite with soap and water is one of the best methods for treating mosquito bite.
- First apply soap to your bite and then wash it with water.
- After that, apply a little rubbing alcohol to your mosquito bites and then dry out with the help of a cloth.
2.) Epsom Salt to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites Fast
Epsom salt contains sulfate and magnesium, which is good for many health problems including mosquito bite.
Steps to Use Epsom Salt to Cure Mosquito Bites:
- Fill your bathtub with water and then add some Epsom salt to the bathtub. Now take an Epsom salt bath for half an hour.
- You can also prepare a paste by mixing enough water to Epsom salt. Now apply this paste over the affected area and cover your area with the help of very hot cloth for ten minutes.
- Repeat this method as needed to get relief from a mosquito bite.
3.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Mosquito Bite at Home
Baking soda is the most effective remedy to stop the itchiness which is caused by mosquito bites. Baking soda is alkaline in nature which helps to neutralize the pH of the skin and hence gives relief.
Steps to Use Baking Soda for Mosquito Bite Treatment:
- Take a glass of water and add 1 tsp of baking soda to it.
- Soak a clean cloth in this paste and then put it over the affected area for 20 minutes.
- Another method is to prepare a paste with baking soda and witch hazel. Apply this paste on the bite and keep it for 10 minutes. Then rinse the area with lukewarm water.
4.) Lemon to Treat Mosquito Bites Fast and Naturally
The anti-inflammatory and anesthetic properties in lemon help in treating mosquito bites.
Steps to Use Lemon to Cure Mosquito Bites Overnight:
- Take a lemon and cut it into 2 pieces and then rub it against your itchy skin for quick relief.
- Apply lemon juice to the affected skin that helps to reduce the chances of spreading an infection.
- Another method is to make a paste by adding crushed basil leaves to lemon juice and then apply it to the affected skin.
5.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites Naturally
Aloe vera is one of the most popular natural remedies for treating many health ailments such as a mosquito bite. Aloe vera helps to reduce itching, pain and swelling as well as it speeds up the healing process.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Get Relief from Mosquito Bite:
- Cut an aloe vera leaf and extract the gel from it.
- Place the aloe vera gel in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Rub this aloe vera gel onto the affected skin.
6.) Ice to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites Overnight
Cold temperature numbs the affected area and will give you relief from various symptoms. It also limits the distribution of inflammatory substances to the mosquito bite area.
Steps to Use Ice to Cure Mosquito Bites Fast:
- Take some ice and wrap them in a cloth. Now place this ice wrapped cloth on the bite for 10 to 15 minutes. An ice pack will give you relief from itchiness and swelling. You can also use an ice pack.
- If ice is not available then you can use a cold bottle and hold the affected area under a cool water for a few minutes.
7.) Rubbing Alcohol to Treat Mosquito Bites Fast
Rubbing alcohol is antiseptic that can be used to relieve irritation which is caused by mosquito bites and reduce the chances of spreading an infection.
Steps to Use Rubbing Alcohol for Mosquito Bites Treatment:
- Dab a cotton ball on a small amount of rubbing alcohol and then apply it to the bite.
- It will give you relief from swelling and itching.
- If you don’t have alcohol, then you can use a mouthwash that contains a high amount of vodka or alcohol.
8.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites Overnight
Tea tree oil is one of the best natural remedies for treating mosquito bites. Due to having antiseptic properties it helps to treat bacteria infected wounds like mosquito bites and acne. It will reduce itchiness and swelling.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil to Cure Mosquito Bites Fast:
- Apply tea tree oil on the mosquito bite with the help of cotton ball.
- If you have sensitive skin, then don’t use tea tree oil as it may cause skin irritation.
- You can also use cedar oil or lavender oil.
9.) Aspirin for Mosquito Bites Treatment
The strong anti-inflammatory properties in aspirin help to control swelling which is caused by mosquito bites.
Steps to Use Aspirin to Cure Mosquito Bites:
- Grind an aspirin into a powder form. Now add enough water to make a paste. Apply this aspirin paste to the affected skin and keep it for a few hours. Then, wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Another method is wet the affected area and rub an aspirin over the mosquito bite.
10.) Toothpaste to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites at Home
Toothpaste helps to reduce itchiness which is caused by mosquito bite.
Steps to Use Toothpaste to Prevent Mosquito Bites Fast:
- Simply some toothpaste on the mosquito bite.
- For fastest results, use peppermint toothpaste or you can use toothpaste which include ingredients such as menthol and baking soda.