How to Clean a Pipe?
Here in this article, we will discuss ways and methods to clean a pipe. Try to keep the pipes of your house clean. We will also discuss the simple and easy ways to keep your glass pipes clean.
Different Ways to Clean a Pipe:
1.) Easy Steps to Clean a Glass Pipe
You prefer to keep your glass pieces clean. Here are simple techniques you can use to clean a glass pipe. Scrape your pipe and clean it as much as you want. For this you can fill your pipe with a teaspoon of salt and plug the head of the pipe size. Later you can pour some alcohol and rub gently. Cover the mouth piece with another finger or thumb and shake the pipe vigorously for a few minutes. Dump the waste and repeat it till your glass pipe gets clean.
2.) Ways to Clean Water Pipes
Here are some simple steps to clean a water pipe. For this, you will need to visit a hardware store, get a bottle of all-purpose cleaner. Try to get a large gallon size once. Keep a container, it should be big enough as it will be used to submerge the detachable part s of the pipe. Now follow the following steps to clean a water pipe.
- Detach the detachable part of the pipe, there are various small detachable parts assembled together. Try to detach all possible parts, the tape too.
- Pour the cleaner in the container.
- Submerge all the parts in the container.
- Seal the container and leave it for a while.
- After half an hour take out the submerged parts.
- Ensure that the parts are well soaked and cleaned properly.
- Rinse the parts properly and assemble them properly again.
- After assembling allow open the tape for a while so that the running water washes away the left out things away.
3.) Alcohol to Clean Glass Pipes
You can simply use alcohol to clean a glass pipe. Alcohol has the capacity to break down the tar and cleans the stain.
- Firstly remove the remaining particles from the pipe. Hold the pipe upside down. The particles will fall itself you can tab to remove the other remaining once. Tab gently so that the glass does not break. Use a pipe cleaner a pencil or a cotton swab. To clean it properly
- Fill a plastic bag with alcohol. Use isopropyl rubbing alcohol this will help you to clean the pipe faster.
- Put the pipe inside the bag.
- The pipe should submerge in the alcohol when placed in the bag.
- Add a table-spoon of salt in the bag. This will make it more effective as the salt acts like a sponge or a brush. Kosher salt is best for this use as they are bigger in comparison to other salt particles.
- Shake the bag well so that the salt water gets into the pipe. You can shake it for 1-2 minutes.
- After several hours take out the pipe and rinse it with hot water. Place it in a container of hot water. This will help to remove the salt and the alcohol from the pipe.
- Use a cotton swab to clean the remaining spots and remove water mark.
4.) Ways to Clean a Blocked Pipe
You can use hot water to clean pipes. If there are any organic thing blocking your pipe this will help you to clean the pipe. Check the following easy steps to clean the pipe.
- Boil water till it becomes too hot. Pour it to a kettle or a jug.
- Flush the opening of the pipe. If the pipe is attached to you the sink just pour the hot boiling water to the sink. If the pipes are of plastic do not use too hot water.
- Pour slowly and take a pause while doing it.
- Continue this for a while until the pipe becomes clear.
5.) Use Cleansers to Clean Pipe
You can get multipurpose cleaners to clean a pipe or else can make a liquid cleanser at home. Here are some of the things available at home you can use to clean a pipe.
- Lemon juice
- Baking soda
Combine baking soda with any of the liquids and clean a pipe easily at home. Likewise, you can also add salt if you wish. Now here are the simple steps you can clean your pipe by using the above liquid cleaner.
- Pour some of the liquid into an opening of a pipe.
- Pause it slowly pause for a while and continue.
- Use a drain snake to clean the pipe. Slowly put the long metallic rope in the pipe to clean out the pipe. This will help you to get rid of things that got stuck in the drain.