Chinese fried rice recipe is very simple and you can make Chinese fried rice for you at home. None of the Chinese meal is complete without fried rice. Here is a very easy Chinese fried rice recipe. It is very flavourful and tempting with minimum ingredients.
Ingredients for Chinese Fried Rice Recipe:
- 2 cups rice – Keep it in the fridge overnight. (Or refrigerate the rice for a few hours before cooking)
- 4-5 Baby corn
- ½ cups cabbage
- 1 Carrot – finely chopped
- 12- 15 Beans
- 4 Spring onions
- 1 White onion – sliced
- ½ green capsicums
- 3.1/2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. pepper powder
- ½ cup Peas (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
Preparation Method for Chinese Fried Rice Recipe:
Use medium to long grain rice to make fried rice. To prepare the rice, take 2 cups or rice and 3.5 cups of water. Spread the cooked rice grains on a towel or tray to cool which will make the grains separate. While cooking the rice, add a little oil and salt to water.
Chop the vegetables, thin and lengthwise.
Cooking Method for Chinese Fried Rice Recipe:
Prepare the rice with enough water so that the grains remain separate. Let it cool.
Heat olive oil in a pan. Add white onions. Fry till it starts turning brown. Then add carrots, beans, baby corn, capsicum and cabbage. Sauté all the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes. Add soya sauce.
Sauté all the vegetables in high flame to keep them crunchy. Add salt to taste. Remember that soy sauce has some salt added and also the rice is cooked with some salt in it. So check before adding salt to the vegetables.
Add pepper powder to the taste. Add cooked rice into it. Turn off the flame. Mix the vegetables and rice well.
Additional Tips for Chinese Fried Rice Recipe:
- If you want perfect result for fried rice you can use cold, leftover cooked rice.
- If you want to cook immediately, freshly cooked rice to remove moisture and then refrigerate the rice for a couple of hours before cooking.
- If you want to make fluffy rice, use medium or long grain rice.
- The perfect amount of oil is required and will don’t stick your ingredients to the surface.
- Preheat wok or pan before adding ingredients. When you have too many ingredients, the work doesn’t get hot enough; your ingredients will get soggy.
- Use sauce only for flavour.