Following the death of a Nollywood icon last week, Mrs Henrietta Kosoko at the age of 53, Calamity struck as the family of the late Nollywood actress warned her husband Prince Jide Kosoko to refrain from attending the burial ceremony of his late wife in Abraka, Delta state.
Her burial initially scheduled to take place in Lagos state was cancelled as the family of the deceased demanded for her corpse, claiming he had no right to bury her as he never paid her dowry and as such wasn’t recognized as her husband.
However when the family came for her corpse, they delivered a message to the actor warning him to steer clear from his late wife’s relatives in order to avoid trouble.
The actor obeyed their warning and remained in Lagos
However about six Nollywood stars he sent to Abraka to represent him were sent back.
A source close to the Nigerian Veteran actor said his late wife’s family didn’t do the right thing. In a statement he made he said;
“If you want him to pay dowry, why not have him pay it now with interest so he can give the mother of his children a befitting burial. This culture is out of it” – he added.
That is the reason why our sources where unable to get any photos from the burial.
Everyone that came from Lagos with the exception of close family members were not allowed to witness Henrietta’s final burial.
More from my site
- Henrietta Kosoko buried amidst tears.
- Nollywood actor Jide Kosoko criticized for attending a ‘party’ days after wife’s demise
- Another Nollywood icon is gone as Lateef Itakure passes on
- Pictures as Henrietta Kosoko was laid to rest in Lagos
- Photos: Nigerian actor and Lawmaker Hon. Desmond Elliot celebrates one year in office.
- Nigerian actor Kalu Ikeagwu and fiancé dazzle in new pre-wedding photos
- Photo: Nollywood Actor and Actress Sir Olu Jacobs and Joke Silva bag the AMAA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Nollywood Starlet Chinenye Uyanna radiates in her newly released promo shoot.
- Nollywood actress Patience Ozokwor says going naked is not a sin
- Halima Abubakar says she is not too freaked about marriage
- Photos: Nollywood Actresses Fathia Balogun and Ibinabo Fiberesima grace The Amazon TV show with their presence on AIT
- Photos: Meet Emodi Obinna, Bimbo Akintola’s fitness instructor
- Nollywood actress – Joke Jigan releases picture of scars she got from a fatal accident
- Nigerian Actress Empress Njamah posts topless photo on Instagram
- Nigerian comedian Akpororo apologizes to Kate Henshaw, adding he meant no disrespect
- Kate Henshaw reprimands Nigerian comedian Akpororo – calls him disrespectful
- Nigerian actor and movie producer Kunle Afolayan acquires new ride
- Stephanie Okereke Linus discusses the joy of Motherhood and her soon to be released Autobiography book.
- Veteran actor Justus Esiri passes on
- My goodness! Ailing actor Obi Madubuogu is in a terrible state (graphic photos)
- Nollywood actor, Elder Maya dies after long battle with Liver disease
- Armed robbers attack actor, Okon Lagos in Warri
- Actor Prince Uche still needs money, govt has abandoned him – Emeka Torino Ojukwu cries out
- Veteran Nollywood actor, Sir Ozor Akubueze has died
- Photo: Nollywood actor Tony Umez celebrates 50th birthday
- MY FIANCE IS NOT A TRANSGENDER – DENRELE EDUN
- Ernest Asuzu, healed and gifted with exotic jeep
- Photos: Nollywood actor, Enyinna Nwigwe, steps into the limelight
- Nollywood veteran Prince James Uche’s son makes passionate plea for his sick dad who needs urgent financial help
- Yakubu Mohammed wins City People’s Best Actor of the Year, releases new photos
- Photos from Prince Iyke Olisa and Anyanwu Sylvia’s wedding
- Desmond Elliot calls for assistance for ailing Nollywood actor, Prince James Uche
- Photos: Nollywood actor Kenneth Okonkwo celebrates 48th birthday with his family and orphans
- Family of Lawyers! Check out photos of Nollywood actor Kenneth Okonkwo and his sisters at Enugu High Court
- Photos of Nollywood actor Saint Obi at an event in Lagos
- First photos: Nollywood actor Blossom Chukwujekwu weds his wife Maureen in Lagos
- Nollywood veteran Obi Madubogwu is also in need of financial help
- 2011: Jonathan tears Nollywood apart
- Actor Leo Mezie speaks from hospital bed in London, thanks Nollywood and Nigerians – (Pics and video)
- Actress, Tina Amuziam’s Daughter Set to Abandon Law Certificate for Acting