Popular Nigerian actress, Henrietta Kosoko, who died on Monday after a persistent struggle with diabetes, was buried on Friday amid tears at her hometown in Abraka, Delta State.
Although the actress, who happened to be the wife to veteran actor, Prince Jide Kosoko, was scheduled to be buried in Lagos at the Atan Cemetery, the plan was canceled after her family kicked against her husband’s burial arrangements.
They said that they did not recognize Jide Kosoko to be her husband.
Saturday PUNCH absorbed that after her death on Monday, a family meeting took place on Tuesday to discuss the burial plans.
During the meeting, Henrietta’s family disagreed towards her burial in Lagos because proper marital rites were not followed, but Kosoko, decided to bury his wife in Lagos.
During the service of songs on Thursday at the LTV premises, the late actress family members announced that the body would be buried in their hometown.
The late actress is survived by her husband and two children, Muyiwa and Temilade.
More from my site
- Veteran actor Jide Kosoko prohibited from attending his late wife’s funeral
- Nollywood actor Jide Kosoko criticized for attending a ‘party’ days after wife’s demise
- Pictures as Henrietta Kosoko was laid to rest in Lagos
- Another Nollywood icon is gone as Lateef Itakure passes on
- Stephanie Okereke Linus discusses the joy of Motherhood and her soon to be released Autobiography book.
- Nollywood actress – Joke Jigan releases picture of scars she got from a fatal accident
- Photos: Meet Emodi Obinna, Bimbo Akintola’s fitness instructor
- Nigerian Actress Empress Njamah posts topless photo on Instagram
- Nollywood Starlet Chinenye Uyanna radiates in her newly released promo shoot.
- Kate Henshaw reprimands Nigerian comedian Akpororo – calls him disrespectful
- Nigerian comedian Akpororo apologizes to Kate Henshaw, adding he meant no disrespect
- Photo: Nollywood Actor and Actress Sir Olu Jacobs and Joke Silva bag the AMAA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Photos: Nigerian actor and Lawmaker Hon. Desmond Elliot celebrates one year in office.
- Photos: Nollywood Actresses Fathia Balogun and Ibinabo Fiberesima grace The Amazon TV show with their presence on AIT
- Nigerian actor Kalu Ikeagwu and fiancé dazzle in new pre-wedding photos
- Nollywood actress Patience Ozokwor says going naked is not a sin
- Halima Abubakar says she is not too freaked about marriage
- Nigerian actor and movie producer Kunle Afolayan acquires new ride
- First Photo’s of #SistersInPower Seminar Held At Orlando, Florida
- Armed robbers attack actor, Okon Lagos in Warri
- Nollywood veteran Obi Madubogwu is also in need of financial help
- ”I got married as a virgin”- Nollywood actress Oge Aneke
- My goodness! Ailing actor Obi Madubuogu is in a terrible state (graphic photos)
- Explosion: Militants Warns Residents Who Live Close to Marked Oil Facilities to Vacate Houses
- WHAT TRULY WENT WRONG BETWEEN MYSELF AND RITA DOMINIC— MONALISA CHINDA
- Late Nollywood Actress, Toyin Majekodunmi to be buried in March
- 76 continues winning streak
- I Left Nollywood To Have Kids and Make A Home, My Family Comes First — Thelma
- RIP! Yoruba Actor Olumide Bakare Is Dead
- Actor, Prince Eke celebrates 3rd birthday of his twin children with Muma Gee
- Not even the world gave us a chance – Nollywood movie director, IkechukwuOnyeka and wife celebrate 14th wedding anniversary
- MY FIANCE IS NOT A TRANSGENDER – DENRELE EDUN
- Alibaba Says Even Jesus Cannot Save The Situation Of Nigeria
- Photos: Nollywood actor, Enyinna Nwigwe, steps into the limelight
- Photos from Prince Iyke Olisa and Anyanwu Sylvia’s wedding
- Billionaire Ifeanyi Ubah donates N3m to sick Obi Madubogwu
- “I was sexually abused & impregnated in Pry 6 by family friend’ Nollywood actress Rita Edochie reveals
- Bishop Oyedepo Daughter Goes Crazy…Reasons!
- Obi Asika, Jimmy Jatt, Emma Ugolee and others make top 20 list of pioneers of the new Nigerian music era
- Nigerians are obsessed with “thanking God” at award ceremonies – Film Maker, Niyi Akinmolayan